Author: Pauline Froschauer
Compiled in memory of Pauline Froschauer who sadly passed away in February 2016. Thanks for being part of this journey Pauline, we hope you're enjoying your vantage point as we embark on our next geoglyph in Loxton. If you have a moment, please send us a pic? With love, the Site_Specific geoglyphs team. May 2016
- Launch of the Snake Eagle Thinking Path
- What is a Geoglyph?
- The Karoo Geoglyphs
- The Snake Eagle Thinking Path Geoglyph
- Our Artists - Janet Botes
- First there was an idea, then a design and then the hard work ...
- The Orange 'Mymertent'
- Brushing a Path through the Karoo veld
- The Path of the White Discs
- Introducing more of our team members
- Anni and PC - sister and brother team who co-founded the Karoo Geoglyphs project
- Eugenie Grobler - singer-songwriter (and cook)
- katty vandenberghe - digital and multimedia artist and designer
- Bryan Hansen - community developer
- Erica Lüttich - Boitumelo & 'Karos vir die Karoo'
- Janet Ranson's 'singing heart'!
- Ingrid Schöfmann & Heather Greig - organisers extraordinaire
- Chris Hartnady and Rowena Hay - Umvoto
- Cally Henderson - finding endangered species
- Janet Botes - talented and versatile visual artist
- Erynne Ewart-Phipps - our youngest land artist
- Mirella Bandini - enjoyed the adventure, rebellion, act of love ...
- Art Break
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
~ Mary Elizabeth Frye